Friday, October 26, 2012

Passed Out

Remember that one time...
you passed out on cobblestone in the old city of Jerusalem.
YUP

Pre-passing out. So this is St. John's church and in order to go inside the courtyard you had to go through a little door. I hit my shin extremely hard and my head started feeling heavy and my vision went funny until I sat down. I didn't say anything until I said to my friends I don't feel good. Right at that moment I fainted and hit my head on cobblestone. I was out for around 30 seconds, but when I came to I didn't know what had happened and was confused why everyone was around me. Later I learned it was Vasovagal syncope-when you hit a nerve really hard that makes you faint.
 Post-Passing out. Good thing I have awesome friends who were there to help a sister out.
 You can't really see it, but I ended up getting a big goose egg for awhile
Besides that excitement for the day, we went to Mary's Tomb which was pretty cool. People come here to kiss the tomb of Mary, but I didn't get the memo about no lipstick. So when the priest was shouting at me in a foreign language and guarding the tomb with his life, I was so confused. Later I just realized he was just doing his job and protecting the tomb from some hot pink lips.
 Later we went to the place where the Last Supper took place.
lesson learned: Don't wear lipstick to Mary's tomb and if you are feeling like you are going to pass out, tell someone immediately to avoid having your face smash into some cobblestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment