Tuesday, October 9, 2012

19


19 things I’ve learned and experienced at 19 

1. I understood why conflict happens and how to respond to it
2. I’ve developed a stronger ability and desire to get to know people
3. I learned how to mediate
4. I developed a talent for statistics and a desire to do research in psychology
5. I fell in love with oil painting
6. I got to live with my 4 best friends in the Bus Stop House right across from Hukilau Beach
7. I completed my sophomore year at BYU Hawaii and decided on majoring in psychology and minoring in art with a peacebuilding certificate
8. I finally learned how to French braid
9. I got 2 more nephews totaling my auntiehood to 12 cutie pies
10. I've learned to be more open about career paths. Feeling at peace with not knowing right now, but trusting in the Lord as I go. Grad school options are speech language pathology, occupational therapy, and art therapy. 
11. I got to go to college with my brother and become closer to him
12. I finally understood what it meant to enjoy the journey, every moment good or bad
13. I spontaneously went to San Diego
14. I worked 8 hour days filing at a law firm in the summer
15. I went on accutane and my face is finally clear, ending the awful tyranny of acne in my teens
16. I applied for Jerusalem and am currently loving every moment here
17. I flew out of the country for the first time-Israel and Turkey
18. I fell in love with red & bright pink lipstick 
19. I was at general conference when the prophet lowered the age to serve a mission for girls to 19, and so I will be turning in my papers when I get back and going on a mission

I loved my last year of being a teenager and learned exactly what I needed to know to propel me into my 20’s feeling happy, excited, & confident in the future





1 comment: