Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Slaying Goliath

Shephelah Fieldtrip Time
We went to 4 of the 5 valleys that are in the hill country of Israel. We learned about the Israelites clashes with the Philistines as valleys were important strategic spots. The most exciting part of our day was going to the field where David slew Goliath.

Overlooking the field with Amy and Em
 Some sweet caves


 We got to use our slinging skills too, pretty sweet. It was strug city for me, but some of the boys made the story even more real by throwing it so far and powerful






lesson learned:Slinging skills are solidified in the shephelah 

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!! Everything is so cool there! I hope you're remembering to get nature from these cool places for me! I told Matt what you were doing and he said cool, but it would be cooler if you went and got them yourself! Ha! I then asked him...when am I ever going to go to Israel?!

    ReplyDelete