Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October 9th

I began my real birthday with some journal and scripture time overlooking Jerusalem. This spot is probably my favorite. There is a special spirit about the 7th floor terrace and I try to go there as often as I can to just think.
I am quite in love with these shoes I found in the Old City.


 A group of us went out to West Jerusalem at night. It felt like any other downtown filled with clothing shops, food places, and people having a good time. We roamed the streets getting a cookie or two here and a crepe or gelato there. I love the center so much, but after a class-filled day, there is nothing better than escaping to enjoy West J with some awesome people. 


A section of heaven will be dedicated to cookies.


 I got my camera out too late, but Andrew and this kid were having a little breakdance battle

 There's just something so special and fun about birthday decorations.


 And my roommates are the sweetest! So funny, I brought twix from home with the theory of eating one on my b-day, but those suckers were gone in the first couple of days being here. Really I should know myself better. It's kind of sad how happy candy and food can bring to my life. Coming back at night to this on my bed was Ze best. I love my roomies. And how could you not smile back at Mr. Pretzel's face.

lesson learned: gratitude for being able to live a lovely 2 decades.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful posts Mackenzie and you are so
    photogenic! Sounds like you're having a great time out there. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday again!! Looks like it was a great day! I love those shoes and that cookie shop is amazing!! I'm glad Hudson could bring a smile to your face before your mid-term. Hopefully it all went well!

    ReplyDelete